Thursday, November 3, 2011

Spina Bifida Awareness: A Grandmother's View...

Today, we hear from a Grandmother to a very special little girl, named Lyla!


As a grandmother of a child with Spina Bifida, it has been an amazing journey one that I 
truly admire. I only expected the worst because of what the doctors said, but it didn't matter I believe that a life is a gift from God and no matter what challenges we will be faced with, its not impossible because he is the one that gives dynamic strength and endurance. 

But let me tell you what my precious Lyla has taught me that their are no boundaries for anyone. And true love sees no boundaries. Lyla has given my life so much joy and happiness that it brings tears to my eyes. It doesn't matter what Lyla needs or what she may need help with I will always be there!! I've always known how precious life is but Lyla has helped me see it in a way I never knew. I enjoy every second with Lyla, to see how determined and patient she is teaches me what life is about. Imagine that a 1 1/2 year old teaching a grown up. Isn't that what we all need to be successful... Determination and patience? And my grandbaby is teaching me that, I'm indebted to her.

When I'm with Lyla I do not see the things she can't do, she makes me blind to that. All I see is a happy, beautiful and an intelligent little one. I never want to let her down because she has not let me down. Also my precious grandbaby has made my daughter into an amazing mother. I am so proud of my daughter, she is the mother I hoped she would be and more!! So you see Lyla isn't fortunate to have us, we our fortunate to have Miss Lyla Alyse!! She has made our life wonderfully amazing!


-Melissa Olmeda

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Ahhhhh, I LOVE it!