Saturday, November 12, 2011

Monterey Bay Aquarium


I took the kids on a short trip with some friends for our long weekend...


First stop on our agenda was Nathaniel's favorite place EVER....
Monterey Bay Aquarium!


Thankfully Audrey likes it too....


And we have a DEAR friend with sponsor passes that she lets us use regularly!


Such a blessing to be able to take my kids to the is great place for free whenever I want (within reason of course... it is a 2 hour drive, and I do need to let her use her passes sometimes!)


Nathaniel loves all of the sharks!
He was really bummed that we missed the great white that was there a few months ago.


Audrey liked this one... she was wondering if it would fit in our fish tank at home!


This was a cool new thing. The "menus" are touch screen computers, and when you order something to "eat" the people come up on the screen and tell you why it is a good environmental choice or not in a fun and entertaining way. I really enjoyed it, and learned a lot listening to the kids play!


Nathaniel's other favorite place to visit is the penguins!


They are so dang cute!



I like the room with the fish swimming around your head...
THOUSANDS of fish swimming in circles around and around.
This is TOTALLY how I envision the thoughts in my head on a regular basis!!


Feeding time with the penguins is always fun too!


I like the turtles too... but this guy would not come down to visit... he kept swimming above our heads for the longest time.


Could be because this guy (and some of his brothers) were swimming around lower in the tank!


Anyone who knows Nathaniel know he LOVES to hide under things.
If I can't find him at home, he is usually UNDER the kitchen table.
And he OFTEN freaks me out at dance when he is under a counter somewhere and I can't find him.


The kids and I had a great time at the Aquarium.

0 comments: