Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Honor Society!

Last night was the awards ceremony (if you can call it that...) for the Spring Honor Society!

I am excited to share that Nathaniel, once again, made the honor roll!!

And he was REALLY EXCITED to get the award, as you can see!

Nathaniel's new buddy Jacob also got an award. It was fun to see them together again.  
Nathaniel is my child who loves EVERYONE, but has never had any close friends. That has changed in the last few months (thank you meds change, don't know what I am talking about... check it out HERE ) and Nat and this little guy Jacob are REAL friends! They show compassion and empathy to each other, they ask to play together, it is SO COOL to see Nathaniel FINALLY forming a bond with another child!!
 
It was a late night for us, but this was one excited little guy having his hard work recognized (along with many other students of course!) I am proud of this little guy and all of his hard work.

On a side note.... If you are friends with me on Facebook, you know we had a challenging morning. But look at that little guy.... is he REALLY the same child that REFUSED to get dressed yesterday morning and ended up at school in the main office in his underwear and braces?? And here he is all dressed and happy??

 I HAVE GOT TO remember that his moods swing.. then when I am ready to hang him for an hour (or so) worth of defiance over simply putting on clothing I can remember that his mood will swing again and I will get a hapy little guy like this!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Congrats to Nathaniel!!

Jamie said...

Congrats to both of you, that is great!!