Friday, January 14, 2011

An evening walk...

As relaxing as the morning started out, by the end of the day I was fried. The kids had been arguing non stop since I picked them up from school, one of my machines was being a pain in the booty and made an order late, and I was TIRED! I decided we all needed a little break...

 So we headed out to go for a little walk. Now, mind you, Nathaniel is not fond of walks (and to be fair they are hard on his little body) but I had an ulterior motive... I wanted to make the kids tired so they would go to be earlier too! So we walked down the street a bit to this beautiful nature preserve that we live very close to. I kept promising the kids that the sunset would be worth it (and praying at the same time that the Lord would not make me a liar!).
 I gave the kids the camera (I know I am a bit crazy!) and they had fun snapping pictures.

 And I always enjoy seeing what they took pictures of when I am going back through them and editing them. Nathaniel took this picture of the sunset and then told me we had seen it so we could go back home.
 By no means was I ready to go back home yet, so I told them that they had to pose for me until the sky turned orange.... still hoping that there was going to be a stunning sunset!
 And the Lord must have known that my heart needed a stunning sunset tonight, for He provided!
 Audrey took these pictures (the one above and the one below).... not bad for a 7 year old hu?
 A man who was out walking saw the kids and I and offered to take a picture of the three of us. I thought that was very kind of him, and had fun playing with the editing on the picture he took. I am sure he had no way of knowing that as a single mom I seldom get pictures of my kids and I together, so this gesture was extra sweet to my heart!
 But then it was time to take my camera back....
 because the colors that God painted the sky....
 We absolutely heart stopping,
Awe inspiring, 
Glory! 
These images of the sunsets are NOT edited for color, these are the colors we saw tonight!

I can not tell you how blessed I feel that we live here, in the midst of all of this glory!

My life might be a battle on so many fronts, but I can walk out my front door and down two short blocks to this every day.... how can I complain?

Now if I could just teach my kids to be quiet and rest in these moments of glory....

I hope you enjoyed and were blessed by our evening walk....
I was to some degree....
But I am still hearing the complaints about it from the peanut gallery in the other room!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if they are not immediately quiet - I think they still benefited from the walk, the photography, the quiet, the sunset and time outdoors with Mom. I really believe that. Great way to break a downhill afternoon into a better evening. Barbara

HennHouse said...

Beautiful photos... and I love the work you're doing on the blog design!