Sunday, August 8, 2010

HOT Cars!

I think it is confession time.....

I LOVE HOT Cars!!!!

Seriously, when I was younger and feeling down I would head down to a dealership just to test drive hot cars. A guaranteed pick me up! These days that is a bit harder to do with two kids in tow (not to mention way harder to flirt my way behind the wheel in the full mommy mode :( )

Sliding into the drivers seat to one of my favorite cars gives me serious butterflies in the tummy. There are FEW things in this world that give me as yummy butterflies.....
Firing up the engine of one of these babies and listening to it purr makes me warm and fuzzy all over.....

And taking one of these babies out on the road??? A fun racy road??? Oh man......

Ok, this is a family blog so I can't tell you haw fabulous THAT makes me feel! But let's just say that there are FEW things I have even experienced that makes me fly as high!

So it was with absolute DISGUST that I followed this today....


One of my FAVORITE (yes, the ones pictured previously are my current top 4 picks!) Hot cars driven like a freaking old (read dead!) lady was driving it!

We headed North on Highway 1, which is a BLAST to drive, and I would have LOVED to be driving it in one of those fun cars, but I had my mommy car since I had all the kids with me. But don't feel too bad, I still had fun! But the funniest thing was that we passed SO MANY Chargers today! Seriously, it was HILARIOUS!! We had to have seen at least 30 of them today! I was drooling at first. Then I was thinking that there must have been some convention or something. Then it was just like God was teasing me. But the funniest thing was that for every Charger (my hot car top pick) we passed, we passed a Mustang Convertible (Faline's hot car top pick... yea, yea she is much more down home than I am!)... God was so teasing both of us, and man were we having fun with it!!
The other funny story of the drive was our music. We started with the kids belting out worship songs (Every Move I make, Victory Chant, Lord, I Lift Your Name On High, ect.), then we moved onto Mommy Music (Toby Keith Unleashed, Lady Gaga, funky rock, ect), then out of the backseat my cry baby says "I want HAPPY music!" Wanting to please her and get her over the crying she had been doing I asked what she wanted. The answer??? QUEEN! I love my kids!!! We Will Rock You BLASTING out the stereo, 4 kids clapping their hands and stomping there feet and all 6 of us singing our hearts out. My kids rock it and make road trips so much fun!

So the lesson of the day? Mommy LOVES hot cars and funky music!

0 comments: