Sunday, May 9, 2010

adjusting

With change comes adjustment. One of the BIG adjustments that I saw when we moved into this new house was that there was no dishwasher. Now I HATE doing dishes, especially by hand. It's long been one of those tasks that I skirted around doing. But I knew that it was a small price to pay for this awesome house for my children and I, so I sucked it up and convinced myself that I could deal with doing dishes by hand.

The other night I brought home a HUGE tote of dishes from the shop that needed washed. I was super bummed about it, but filled the sink while I was cooking dinner and set my mind to powering them out. In bee bops Little Miss Audrey. She gets a big smile on her face, pulls out her stool, rolls up her sleeves and gets to work....


She powered out that WHOLE TOTE, 3 sinks full of dirty dishes, and the smile never left her face! I guess I didn't loose a dishwasher.... it just changed what it looks like! And this new dishwasher is a whole lot cuter than the old one!