Monday, April 12, 2010

the blessing of a new home!

So, if you saw my last post, you know that the kids and I got a new house. This is a good thing, even if it is a hard thing! But there is a great God story behind it that I wanted to share with you.

The kids and I are moving for a number of reasons. First is that I just can't deal with the stress of living in Mark's house anymore. Even though, when we bought this house, I was determined that this would be our family home where we raised our children and that my children would grow up in one home, life has dealt me another hand. With the issues in my marriage, the differences in how Mark and I value and handle money and the general destruction that we have lived in for years it is no longer possible for this to be our family home. Mark has complete control over what happens to this home, but he and I have different views on all things. I am not able to live any longer under the constant threat and reality of foreclosure. I might be weak, but it's all too much for me. Second, I firmly believe that the Lord is guiding the kids and I out of toxic living and into healthy regrowth. And that is so hard to do when surrounded by the physical memories of the toxins. A new home will help to make our healing more complete. And thirdly, even if Mark and I could get past our issues differences of opinion on the house, I simply can not longer manage the mortgage on this house. All of this lead me on the quest for a rental home for the kids and I to move into.

As you could see from the previous post we have found that, and I couldn't feel more blessed by it, but it was a long hard journey to get there! I am a single mom with a disabled child who owns her own business, has poor credit by little to no fault of mine, who has not rented in over 10 years AND who just so happens to have a dog too! As you can see, on paper, I don't look like the best rental candidate! But the truth is that I am a very hard worker, who will always do whatever necessary to provide for myself and my family, I am an honest person and I am responsible too. The trick was going to be convincing a property owner of that. I looked at MANY homes, and applied for a few before I saw this sweet little house. I INSTANTLY loved it just looking through the windows and walking around it. I didn't want to get my hopes up too high, since i had been turned down by so many other people, but I talked to the agent anyways and applied for the house. I was VERY honest with the agent when applying for the house and just prayed that God would show them what a good person I am.

The next day after applying for this house I had to head up to Spina Bifida Clinic at UCSF, and then there was the weekend, so by Monday I was a nervous wreak waiting to hear about the house. Finally, I called he agent and she had :just a few more questions". Boy did I NOT feel so great after that call. I really liked this house and felt that it would fit our needs well, so I did the only thing I could do in the situation. I hit my knees and laid it all before the Lord once again. I just turned it over and knew that His plan was the only one that I wanted to follow!

The next day I received a call from the agent with the FABULOUS news that we were approved for the house!! Not only that, but we could move in sooner than I thought and it was still in the range that I could afford! What a blessing. When I went to sign the rental contract the agent shared with me that the owner of the home had decided to google me before running the credit check and came across my blog. After reading our families story on my blog the owner decided to rent us the house! How amazingly blessed did I feel???

There is some real irony here too.... During this whole time that I was looking for and applying for rental homes I had been catching A LOT of flack in many arenas for my transparency and honesty on my blog. Many people had sort of been on my case about my honestly sharing when I am down, what is bugging me or some of the struggles that my children and I are currently going thorough. I love my blog. I love writing, it helps me process so much. And I hope and pray that something I say may help or bless another. And honestly... no one is forcing anyone to read my blog, if someone doesn't like it they can just stop reading right? But I had taken this criticism to the Lord and asked for his guidance on the issue. I think he answered me loud and clear, don't you?

Thank you Lord for an amazing new home for the kids and I, and for putting the pieces together for all of this LONG before I even knew I would need a rental home!!! You amaze me everyday Lord!

0 comments: