Monday, April 12, 2010

confession....

I have a confession....
I am begining to think I have a little problem...
I seem to have this NEED....
And I have been told that it isn't the healthiest need...



But what is a girl to do????



I NEED to be hugged!!!

And I am going through a SERIOUS hug withdrawal these days!

There is just something about a good hug that makes the most unbearable day a little more bearable in my world.

There is something about someone else's arms being wrapped around me that makes me feel safe and cared for, even for just a split second.

There is something about laying my head on some one's shoulder and breathing in their essence that makes my heart beat a little happier.

There is something about the closeness and caring that goes into a hug that reminds my heart of the Lord and how close he holds us to his heart.

And I seem to have a serious shortage of hugs in my days right now.

And my heart and soul feel it.

And it makes me feel very sad...

And lonely...

And not so loved!

I know that many of my teddy bears (what I call my great hugging friends) have moved on in their lives, but I still long for those hugs! I wonder what the Lord has in store for me next?

And my second confession???

Even though I knew it wouldn't be quiet the same, or quiet what I needed, I went by my old work the other day JUST to get hugs. I didn't really want to share what was on my heart, I didn't really want to put on the mask and pretend to be ok, I didn't even really want to be THERE... I just REALLY needed a hug! Pathetic hu?

Still love me, even after my confessions???

1 comments:

HennHouse said...

NO! Not pathetic at all. Honest. Real. Vulnerable. Those are words I would use to describe this...

And there are days we ALL need to hug or be hugged.

(BTW- the verse at the top of your blog is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES. So glad to have found you.)