Wednesday, March 17, 2010

thought, thoughts, thoughts.... every where thoughts!

One of the benefits of sleepless night after sleepless night is LOTS of thinking time. I have so many thoughts running around my brain it's ridiculous! Seriously... I need to get them out so that MAYBE I can sleep, or at least think during the day! So beware... lots of thoughts about to explode forth! And don't be surprised to see a bit more writing from me in the next few days, I seriously need to get this all out!
I have been doing lots of thinking about the devotionals I have been reading, and drawing the lines in my life. No matter how low things get, I remind myself that God can use it all for His purpose and CLING to that thought. From my reading recently I think God is trying to drive that point home to me :) I want to share some of the things that have spoken to me this last week and see if they hit home with any of you too.

And for those of you that aren't like minded in your thoughts of the Lord, I gave you pretty pictures with this challenge: Look at the beauty, the splendor, the texture, the color, the detail and the depth of all that is around us. Study it, notice it, absorb it. Now reflect on it. Did all of this come from some huge explosion, or did someone or something put great thought into the creation of the things that surround us? We are blessed to live in a world FULL, full of color, full of texture, full of excitement, full of depth. Did all of this just happen? I choose to think not. I have seen the after effects of explosions and I don't think that is what we are surrounded with. I choose to believe that a loving father created this beautiful world for us to enjoy during our trials here. I choose to believe that He surrounded us with a little sample of the glories that await us. And, though this world looks is not flat or boring to me, I believe that when we enter the gates of heaven this will all be so dull in comparison! I for one am looking forward to that splendor! What about you?
"We have different gifts, according to the grace given us." Romans 12:6 So recognize and develop your gift. That can be intimidating, especially if you've spent your life looking for approval from people who've none to give you. Stop making your life an ongoing struggle to be something you weren't meant to be. God made you who you are, when you try to be somebody else the best you can ever be is number two. So be yourself; after all, who's more qualified?

This is something that I am really struggling with right now. For years I have tried to be a great wife to a very sick man. I now see that, though I thought this is what God wanted from me it really wasn't my call in life.

I am a deeply private person in so many ways, yet when I let God lay a person on my heart I love them so deeply, so passionately and in such an encompassing way. Sometimes this is good. It was great with my darling nieces that I adore as deeply as I do my own children. It is great with the many children that the Lord has brought into my heart and my life throughout the years. It is even good with many friends that I have. But at times it is not so good. Like with a sick husband who took that about me and drained me. Like with dear friends that I adore, but they use that about me to get what they need, then walk off into the sunset.

I am also a passionate person about much. Family, friends, art, creating, children, community, music and the Lord are just a few of the things that I am passionate about. But here recently I have heard that passion turned negative and it hurts. Passion about good things is not bad. Passion in it's self is not bad. But often those that are passionate are mislabeled, called names and hurt. One must be careful to be sure in what they are doing before opening their ears to the world, for often the world wants to judge and destroy, and passionate people are easily hurt by that!

"Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion" Ephesians 6:13-18) The most effective weapon the enemy has against you is... you! Your old sin nature must be taken to the cross and crucified daily. The place of prayer is where you do that. In God's presence you see yourself as He sees you. There, at the point of repentance, He reveals, He removes, He restores. When your prayer life goes, so does your protection. So get busy and reorder your priorities.

Here is another I am struggling with. The enemy is DEFINITELY using my fears and insecurities against me right now. And although I am in constant prayer, I need to dig deeper and give those fears and insecurities over FOR GOOD to the Lord, so that the enemy can no longer use them! It is so hard in my current broken state, yet I KNOW it's the only way to get whole again!

You're on a temporary visa- never forget that! Weigh your actions and your decisions in the light of your ultimate destiny, not your immediate comfort.

Oh yea... for sure! The life of this world is but a blink of the eye in the light of eternity, yet how hard that is to remember in the pain and suffering we have here!


This life is the short story, heaven is the unending one.

Enough said. Well put.


"Well done, good and faithful servant." (Mt 25:21) It's the only commendation that matters. One second after you've arrived in God's presence, what are you going to wish you had done? THAT should be the driving force of your life.

I truly believe this and look for ways to walk it out everyday. Who can I bless? What child of God's can I make a difference to today? What life can I touch in an eternal manner? Is that action going to REALLY matter in the scope of heaven? Questions I believe we should all ask ourselves multiple times per day, if not per hour!


Paul says, "Suffering produces perseverance, perseverance character and character, hope." (Romans 5:3-4) Trying to circumvent the principle of suffering producing character may bring temporary relief, but in the long run you lose out. Jesus walked out the process from beginning to end. Character building always involves a cross - but the end result is always a crown.

In light of all that is happening in my life this is a very real point to meditate on constantly. Having so many people pointing out things that they think I need to change is a bit overwhelming to me, but remembering to take it all back to the cross and beg for God's direction in that healing is what keeps me sain. (or sainish..)

God's power can not be stored; it only comes in the measure required, at the moment of need, and as your faith places a demand on it.

Interesting ....

I guess that is probably enough for now.. although the next one on perfectionism is good... but that will have to wait, it's time to go to work now :)

May your day be filled with blessings!

0 comments: