Saturday, November 28, 2009

owies & cars

I guess that writing a blog post after working an 12+ hour day AND having to deal with the reality of a BADLY damaged car does NOT make for a clear and coherent Gretchen! So to clarify a thing or two from my last post....

No, the damaged tire had NOTHING to do with the accident. He pulled out into oncoming traffic (that he claims he didn't see) and then swerved to avoid a collision (which obviously did not work!). The tire had nothing to do with this one. BUT I do think that it would NOT have happened if the car was parked until fixed like I asked for it to be. I mean how can you be in the wrong place at the wrong time if the car is parked in the driveway. And I DO think that his medical issues played into this whole situation. Dose it make me less angry? No. Does it excuse it? Never. Dose it reinforce my belief that he needs treatment and is not safe until he gets it? Absolutely.

Point two that I didn't make. I am thankful that the kids and I were NOT with him in the car, and that for the most part my kids have not been affected by the the ugliness of all of this. I love my children so much and am trying to keep them out of all of this as much as possible. Their little hearts do not need burdened by all of this!

And for those of you who inquired.....

Here's my dear car.....
the whole ugly thing...

close up of impact number one.

wide angle of impact number one.. ugly hu?


Impact number 2. He hit the front, pun and hit the back on the same other car...


And impact number 3. I don't even understand how this one happened....



My poor car.. taking a nap. It is so sad.

I continue to pray that the other people are ok. That they don't have lasting injuries or nightmares over this. That the Lord watches over them and protects them.

So that is it... I think. Until the insurance company rules on all of this and we find out what comes next. Until then I am putting it away. Not thinking about it, not dwelling on it. There are so much better things to do with my mind! Like go play at Butterfly and snuggle my sweet children!! Have a great day!

1 comments:

April Kennedy said...

I am so sorry about your car. Such a huge bummer. I can't even imagine. Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving despite the mess.