Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Home!

Ahhhh... it's so nice to be HOME!!!! Well.... in theory anyways :)

I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to go to my grandparents and take care of my very ill grandpa for the last few days, and attend some important doctor's appointments with him, but I am equally thankful to be home!

Grandpa has stabilized. His REALLY TERRIFYING blood counts are gone thanks to a few days of intense chemo, which of course made him very ill and weak. The nights were the worst.. I slept on his floor for two reasons, first because there wasn't a bed for me, and second so I could help him throughout the night and let my grandma sleep better. What I learned from that.... I am TOO OLD to sleep on the floor! But on Monday his blood counts were almost back to normal! Praise the Lord!! The infection in his knee where he had surgery 4 weeks ago is still there, but they gave him a new treatment for that yesterday, so I am praying that will work and clear up! They also too all of the staples out yesterday, so I hope that will help him heal better too :)

I did feel that I needed to come home last night, so here I am. My kids missed me terribly. Especially Audrey. So it was good to get their sweet snuggles and loves. The other reason I felt pressed to come home was that we leave for fair in 6 days, and I don't have all the product ready! I am going to have to pull a bunch of all REALLY long days to get the product done for fair! And the wedding party I have in right now needs finished too! Work, work, work! So if you don't see me around much this week, it's because there is so much work to get done :)

Now off to remedy the worst part of being gone..... the absolutely GROSS house I returned to! Ugh.... why is it I am the only clean one around here??? But I am going to do it with a smile on my face and a song in my heart, because I love my family!

And I hope to find time to look for pictures today for a surprise coming up soon on Simply Soares.... so exciting!!!

May your day be filled with grace, joy, laughter and family!

Blessings!

1 comments:

April Kennedy said...

Good luck on your busy week ahead and I am so thankful your grandpa is starting to feel better. What comfort that gives.