Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blog Hop 7/28

This weeks Blog Hop theme is "Your Favorite Kids Picture". I am excited to share this one with you... not because it's the world's best picture, but because it's got an awesome God story behind it!!

This is a picture of my son Nathaniel walking on one of my favorite beaches! I love walking on this beach and praying. I t really helps center me. But there were a number of years that I NEVER thought my son would get to WALK on ANY of my beaches! You see, when I was 17 weeks pregnant with my son he was diagnosed with Spina Bifida. We were told over and over again that Nathaniel would never STAND, let alone walk, run, jump and play the sports he adores! God is so AWESOME, through many avenues God provided healing for Nathaniel. This picture was taken on the FIRST time I got to take Nathaniel to the beach and he walked on HIS OWN!! See that look of pure joy on his face? There was one on mommy's face too! Joy that my precious son gets to experience something so important to who I am, gratitude that I serve a God who CARES about the little things, like walking on the beach, and thankfulness for all of the technology that He has given mankind to help people like my son!


See, doesn't that story make this a GREAT picture :)


Blessings!



3 comments:

April Kennedy said...

My most favorite picture of all time too is the one of when I captured Blake walking so carefree in our backyard....steady! He was 19 months old and I, too, witnessed a miracle that day!

Ms. G said...

Wow! God is Great! I love the picture, but more importantly I love the story that goes along with it. Thank you for sharing it.

Happy Hoppin'

Candice

the brown couch said...

Here from the MckLinky Blog Hop...please come over and visit me.

at browncouchevents.blogspot.com

and at comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

Deborah

P.S.
Be sure to mark your calendar for The Back To School Thingy August 15 - September 27...many prizes to be won!